For thousands of years, the Chinese have diagnosed people by looking at their faces. Much can be revealed by facial observation such as illness, energy blockage (qi stagnation), energy deprivation (qi deficiency), fertility problems, emotional history and even diabetes. Traditional Chinese masters look at the skin color, wrinkles, area of wrinkles, and skin thickness to diagnosis.
READING BETWEEN THE LINES Wrinkles on the face can tell you about your health andemotional well-being.
Horizontal Forehead wrinkles
Possibly a history of grief, or possibly some intestine problems, i.e. chronic constipation
Vertical wrinkle between the eyes
Easily irritated or annoyed
Horizontal line between the eyes
Pancreas line; if the line is:
- White: hypoglycemia
- Purple: hyperglycemia
- Green: insulin/diabetes
- Red: inflammation
Wrinkles curving down from the corner of the eye to the cheek
Wrinkles curving upwards from the corner of the eye to the eyebrow
Horizontal wrinkles above the lips
History of hysterectomy
Vertical wrinkles above the lips
History of smoking or drinking from straw frequently.
COLORS OF THE FACE
- Red/Purple– Blood stagnation, pain in the body
- Green- Live or Gallbladder problems; possibly other cancerous problems.
- Yellow– Jaundice, Liver, Gallbladder illness
- Brown– “Liver Spots”, less energy flowing in the liver and gallbladder channels. These people may suffer with something simple as sciatic pain to more complex, such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease. Dark spots on the lower lips can indicate constipation and digestive tract problems.
- Black- Kidney (possible failure or on dialysis). People will blackness under their eyes could have fertility problems or early menopause. Darkness under the eyes could also be a sign of B vitamin deficiency.
- Pink– Normal
- Bright red- Broken capillaries; indication that the heart is not circulating blood efficiently. Tip of the nose redness indicates high blood pressure.
- Dark Purple– High blood pressure or rosacea.
- Grey– Swollen, Hard liver (cirrhosis or the liver or scleroderma)
- White– Over consumption of dairy
- Pale– Asthma, allergies, lung weakness
WHAT CAN HELP?
Organic face products can help cosmetically and constitutionally. Essential oils paired with the right base can penetrate the skin and help systematically. Salve [all natural and organic skin care] products can deliver just the right amount of essentials to help decrease wrinkles and rebalance skin texture and color.
Sonya Patel, LAC, Dipl OM (NCCAOM), FABORM
Mirvana Acupuncture, Sugar Land, Texas
Bridges, L. (2013, February). Facial Diagnosis Lecture. Southwest Symposium, Austin, Texas.
Patel, S. and Graham, L. (2007, May). Cosmetic Acupuncture-Part I Lecture. TCM Specialists. Clearlake City, Texas.
Wakefield, E. (2006, May). Advanced Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal Certification Lecture. Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, New York, New York.
Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment to feel the relief soon!
Our practice serves Sugar Land, TX, Houston TX and surrounding areas.