Acupuncture for Women’s HealthFebruary 25, 2020
Frequently Asked QuestionsJune 17, 2020
The COVID-19 news was a shock to the world. The changes in everyday life have been fluid. One thing remains certain, you have to take care of yourself in order to care for others. The real threat to this disease is how fast it spreads. One person can infect people in a matter of minutes and those infected can also infect others. In a short amount of time, thousands of people have been infected just by just one host.
Home Sweet Home
It is best to stay at home as much as possible. Those asymptomatic can still be shedders and infect others. Staying at home unless going to the grocery store or doctor’s office is recommended. Trying to social distance as much as possible will help slow the virus spread and alleviate tensions in the hospitals.
Self-Quarantine when you are Sick
If you have any symptoms or feelings that you may be infected, stay home and let your family members know. Having family and friends stop by your house and drop things off at your front door may be helpful.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever 100.4°F/38°C
- Dry cough
Some other symptoms may include:
- Generalized body aches
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea
These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. If you’ve been in contact with anyone with the virus or with the possibility of having the virus, you should self-isolate and call your doctor.
Boost your Immune System
Now is the best time to boost your immunity and get into shape. Whether that is eating more nutritiously, losing weight, stop smoking, or reduce drinking alcohol.
Some helpful tips to good nutrition:
- Eating adequate nutrients – Try to fill your plate with the colors of the rainbow, eating plenty of lean protein, fresh vegetables and fruits, and whole-grain carbs
- Getting enough sleep – Get at least eight hours of sleep each night
- Staying hydrated – Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day
- Avoid processed food – Try avoiding high-sugar, high-fat, and high-sodium foods
- Take vitamins and probiotics – A good multivitamin with additional B complex will help with boosting immunity and creating a defense system. You can find isotonix vitamins at www.nutrametrix.com/mirvana. Isotonix vitamins absorb better and quicker in the body.
Protect Yourself & the Community
If you have to go out, whether to work or to get essentials, protect yourself and the community by:
- Wearing a mask if you are ill and have to be around others
- Practice social distancing (at least a meter or two away from other people)
- Using disinfectant wipes on any surface before you touch it
- Avoid touching any part of your face while you are outside
- Frequent hand washing should be continually practiced
- Touch as little as possible when out in public
We all have to do our part to slow the spread of the virus and protect our community. The more proactive we are, the quicker the curve will flatten and the faster we can all get back to our normal life.
We may not be used to these changes but taking precautionary measures will save us from this pandemic situation. Prevention is better than cure.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this transmission is confidential and may be privileged and/or contain confidential health information that is legally protected by state and federal law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related regulations. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or organization to whom it is addressed. If it is not meant for you please notify the sender immediately so arrangements may be made to return the documents or destroy them. Use, disclosure, distribution or copying of documents transmitted to you in error is strictly prohibited.