Here are the guidelines to ensure yours/our safety at Mirvana Acupuncture:
We are in the office and seeing patients!
Our practice does fall into the category as “essential healthcare” since we conduct medical research, treat stress/anxiety, pain, substance abuse and gynecological disorders, among other health-related ailments. In order to safely accommodate our Mirvana friends at our office we are:
1. Taking & monitoring temperatures of staff and myself daily. Staff and Dr. Patel will wear a mask at all times and it is advised that patients wear/bring their own. There are humidifiers set up in both treatment rooms to help with keeping the air moist.
2. Interviewing all patients prior to booking appointments.
A. Have you traveled outside the region (Texas) within the past month?
B. Anyone in your immediate family or living with ill? If your child is sick (for any reason), please do not seek acupuncture at this time.
C. Are you currently experiencing ANY sneezing, coughing, or fevers? We will not be seeing patients with respiratory distress. We acknowledge those suffering from Texas allergies, however at this time when it is difficult to differentiate between allergy and virus, we are asking our allergy patients to be patient with us until we can better accommodate you.
2. Your temperature will be taken when you come to see us. If you have a fever, you will not be seen.
3. We have reduced inventory of retail items on our shelves. All items have been thoroughly cleaned and only a limited inventory will remain on the shelves. If you don't see your favorite item(s) on the shelf, just ask us! We have cleaned, packed, sealed many items and are storing them in boxes to limit retail exposure.
4. We will be separating appointment times to allow time for disinfecting of rooms, door handles/knobs, changing of sheets, and making sure you don’t run into another patient, etc. There will be a disposable film on the door handles for the restroom and treatment room just for you (it will be coded for only your use).
5. We will ask patients to come in at the time of their appointment and not sooner. Because of our small waiting area, we will have to ask only patients being seen to enter into the facility. We will not be able to have anyone wait in the front area during your treatment.
6. Patients have the option of express checkout and may walk directly out after their treatment. We will confirm your preferred payment method when you book your appointment. Payment options: Zelle, cash, check, or credit card.
Telemedicine is still available for all patients if you do not wish to come into the office or do not meet the guidelines stated above.
In order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we will ask some screening questions prior to your appointment. For the safety of our staff, other patients, and yourself, please be truthful and candid in your answers. While our office complies with the State Health Department and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention infection control guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we cannot make any guarantees. We actively try to make a safe space for everyone, however there is no perfect environment. By accepting and attending appointments, you do so at your own risk.